Do You Have All the 2017 Web Talks on Your Calendar?
During the remainder of 2017 the Wilmette Institute has eight more Web Talks scheduled for May through December (and a bonus talk in January 2018). Do you have them on your calendar? If not, now is the time to add them. Below is a list of upcoming talks, together with links to the six talks already completed and available on the Institute’s YouTube channel.
Web Talks for 2017
- WEB TALKS NOW AVAILABLE ON YOU TUBE
- January 22, 2017: Annette Reynolds—“Trudy and Bahá’ís’ Spiritual Path in South Carolina” (now available on YouTube)
- February 12, 2017: Greg Dahl—“Globalization and Current Events—A Bahá’í Perspective” (now available on YouTube)
- March 12, 2017: Houshmand Badee—“Is There a Baha’i Economic System?” (now available on YouTube)
- April 9, 2017: Todd Lawson—“The Qur’an and Islam: Explorations from a Baha’i Perspective” (now available on YouTube)
- April 16, 2017: Todd Lawson—“The Qur’an in the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh and the Báb” (now available on YouTube)
- April 23, 2017: Todd Lawson—“The Qur’anic Epic and the Creation of Humanity” (now available on YouTube)
- UPCOMING WEB TALKS FOR WHICH YOU CAN SIGN UP WITH THE LINKS BELOW (OR LISTEN ON THE APPROPRIATE DAY ON FACEBOOK OR YOU TUBE WITHOUT SIGNING UP)
- May 14, 201: Jena Khodadad—“Zikrullah Khadem: The Itinerant Hand of the Cause of God”
- June 11, 2017: Michael Penn—“A Philosophy of Mind Grounded in Relationships: A Bahá’í-Inspired Perspective”
- July 23, 2017 – new date: Augusto Lopez-Claros—“The Emergence of Global Institutions?”
- August 20, 2017: Susan Maneck—“Time and the Containment of Evil: The Zoroastrian Cosmology”
- September 17, 2017: Louise Profeit-LeBlanc—“Seven Caribou Spirit Bowls: Seven Valleys Toward Reconciliation”
- October 15, 2017: John S. Hatcher—“The Twin Birthdays and the Bicentennial of Baha’u’lláh’s Birth”
- October 29, 2017: Paul Hanley—“Eleven”
- December 3, 2017: Elena Mustakova-Possardt—“A Psychology That Responds to Our Times: Transforming Inner Oppression into Awakened, Aligned, and Liberated Spirit”
Talks for 2018:
- January 14, 2018: JoAnn Borovicka—“Ten Plagues of the Exodus in the Light of the Bahá’í Writings”
All Wilmette Institute’s Web Talks are free and open to the public, but they require you to sign up in advance. They will also be available on Facebook and YouTube live (where you do not need to sign up).
The Web Talks use a system that transmits audio and video of the speakers and the PowerPoint slides they generally use. Audience members listening to the live broadcast can ask questions by typing them into a “chat” box. Anyone viewing the talk at a later date will hear the questions and answers from the live broadcast.
The talks are held on Sundays at 2 p.m. Eastern Time (11 a.m. PT; 7 p.m. in the UK.; 8 p.m. in Western Europe).
The 2017 talks and the questions and answers following the talk will be available on the Wilmette Institute YouTube channel some twenty-four hours after the live presentation, where you can also access the Web Talks from 2015 and 2016. The talks now have closed captions that you can access by clicking on “cc” in the lower right corner of the YouTube page.