Education Under Fire
Students throughout the United States are continuing to mount showings of the Education Under Fire documentary to bring attention to the plight of higher education in Iran for Baha’i students and to Iran’s blatant disregard for the Universal Declaration of Human Rights to which it is a signator.
As we went to press with this eNewsletter on May 4, the number of persons who had signed the petition in the Drive to 25 Campaign had reached 25,188. Thus we have surpassed the goal of 25,000. But there is still time in May to add your signature, May 2012 being the first anniversary of the raid on homes in Iran in which EUF courses were being held and the arrests of EUF teachers and administrators, some of whom have been unjustly imprisoned.
The EUF website (educationunderfire.com) now has uploaded 13 short documentaries. Produced by Single Arrows Productions, they feature the stories of individuals who have faced persecution under the Islamic Republic of Iran. The compelling documentaries include:
• A Voice for the Voiceless: Roxana Saberi in Prison with Mahvash Sabet and Fariba Kamalabadi
• Love and Freedom: The Life of Reza Fani Yazdi
• A Father’s Voice: The Soheila Afanani Story
• Steadfast: The Inspiration of Mahmoud Madjzoob
• No Regrets: The Journey of Jafa Yaghoobi
• Faith and Sacrifice: The Baha’is in Iran
• For Kurdistan: The Soraya Fallah Story
• Free the Yaran!
• Mona’s Story
• Cousins in Spirit
• An Uncle’s Love
• Congresswoman Ros-Lehtinen Listens
• Culture Respected