Program and Presenters for the Upcoming ‘Irfán Colloquium, October 10-13
You still have time to register for the ‘Irfán Colloquium’s October 10–13 program being held at the Louhelen Bahá’í School in Davison, Michigan, USA. The 2013 Colloquium celebrates the fiftieth anniversary of the establishment of the Universal House of Justice. All participants will receive the gift copy of the latest volume of the Lights of `Irfán.
Presenters for the weekend event include:
Phyllis Ghim Lian Chew
Ali Nakhjavani, retired member of the Universal House of Justice
Kamran and Adib Sedig
The topics of the presentations are many and varied. Some are about the Universal House of Justice:
- The Question of Succession and the Election of the Universal House of Justice
- The Last Refuge
- The Universal House of Justice: A Unique Institution in the Annals of Religions
Others are about Bahá’u’lláh:
- Bahá’u’lláh in the Qur’an
- The Declaration of Bahá’u’lláh’s Station as It Gleams through the Surih Sabr
Two presentations explore the Bábí and Bahá’í writings:
- The Meanings and the Stations of Tawhid in the Bábí and Bahá’í Writings
- A Comparative Study on the Commentaries on ” Man Arafa Nafseh” in Islamic Literature and in the Bahá’í Writings
Some look at aspects of the Bahá’í administration and administration in other religions:
- Centralization and Decentralization in the Bahá’í Administrative Order
- Administration and Leadership of Chinese Religions
Yet other presentations examine a variety of topics:
- The Greatest Holy Leaf’s Unparalleled Role in Religious History and the Significance of the Arc, the Site of Her Resting Place
- Historical Disputation and Religious Debate
- Spirit, Mind, and the Universe
At least one evening during the conference will be devoted to songs and musical performances.
The Colloquium begins with a dinner on Thursday, October 10, and ends after lunch on Sunday, October 13, 2013.
For registration and accommodations, e-mail email@example.com or telephone 810-653-5033.